PLynas;268447 Wrote:
> Thanks for the fast responses everyone.
>
> I tried updating to IE7, but that made no difference unfortunately.
>
> Never been 100% happy with my BT router, but changing that would have
> been a last resort.
>
> However, I uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus, and suddenly everything was
> fine. The reasons why are beyond me to be honest, but it worked so
> thanks for the suggestions.

Actually they are not too hard to figure out why.  McAfree was probably
putting an extra load on the server that prevented it from streaming the
data in a timely manner to keep the buffer of the SB full.

This could have been either a CPU load or an I/O load on the disk
drive.  Most likely an I/O load making difficult for SC to get enough
throughput on the disk.  One reason why many have a dedicated server
machine for SC is because timing issues can be problematic.

--
m1abrams