Pale Blue Ego;284332 Wrote:
> Does anyone else find it ironic that the problem the original poster had
> was not Ligitech's or Slim's fault at all, but a "troublesome" file in
> his own music library?

The scanner should fail gracefully rather than lock up on encountering
a corrupted file, but that's easier said than done with the myriad of
container formats and tag formats that we try to support, and all the
possible ways that a file could be corrupted.  Ideally the way this
should have gone is that support would have realized this as a probable
cause for the scanner not completing, and been able to help the user
find the bad file. Then escalate to engineering to have the code
improved so that it doesn't crash on such a file in the future... has
this been done? we'd sure appreciate if you'd file a bug, attaching a
sample file and your fix.

This is one of the more challenging kind of problems we could
encounter. I think we're OK at handling the vast majority of support
calls about things like firewall settings and misbehaving plugins, but
clearly we need to get better at identifying the corner cases when they
come up.

--
seanadams