ncarver;284376 Wrote:
> I was referring to the CPAN modules, as my understanding from reading
> documentation and code was that all required modules are in the tar
> ball.  The scanner.pl code (via loadModules() in bootstrap.pm) rejects
> the tar ball supplied Compress::Zlib module.  If you can tell me how
> this is caused by running Mandriva I would appreciate it, because as I
> said, I am very new to Perl (and modules look like yet another fine
> library version mess).

I'm not really sure what error message you're seeing and I don't use
Mandriva but I recall that Mandriva uses a non-threaded perl.  This
means that the binary perl modules included with SC will not work.  In
theory, though, you should be able to run build-perl-modules.pl to
build them for your perl.

What error(s) are you seeing?
Have you looked at the output with --d_startup?

--
Fletch