Thanks, Teddy, Dean, and Mischa for tying a nice bow on things. :-)

From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Mischa
Uppelschoten
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:10 PM
To: Web Site
Subject: re[2]: [ACFUG Discuss] over-stating security concerns? (was RE:
ValidateAt parameter is effectively only client side )

Since I started this discussion, I'd like to share my takeaways

1. CFInput is more about convenience than about security
2. ValidateAt="Server" does not increase security whatsoever (this was an
eye opener for me, I must admit)
3. Best practices are a guideline, a goal to work toward, and not an
absolute must-have, pass/fail.
4. It is ok to pick and choose from best practices recommendations based on
your specific situation.

I really appreciate everybody's thought on this.
Mischa.