----- Original Message -----

I know the receiver can do whatever of the result, and anyhow the receiver, its
rules.

but I'm sorry I don't read anywhere in RFC7208 where f() is defined.

spfresult in (pass,fail,softfail,permfail,tmpfail,none,...)=f(check_host(HELO
identity, IP), check_host(MAIL FROM identity,IP))

it may be clear to you, but it is certainly not for me. Would you please define
f()?

(note calling MAIL FROM a combination of RFC5321.mailfrom and
postmas...@rfc5321.helo does not help clarity either).