On Mon 09/Nov/2020 17:06:02 +0100 Dotzero wrote:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 9:05 AM Dave Crocker <d...@dcrocker.net> wrote:

If a domain owner cannot produce a DMARC record that is correct, then it
is far too likely they don't know enough to participate in DMARC.

+1

Agreed. Possibly, bad DMARC records can be reported to the human point of contact disclosed in aggregate reports, for domains which generate them.

Here, the simple rule should be:

      An invalid DMARC record MUST be treated as if no DMARC record is
present.

+100

+1e2 for me too, even if it disparages bullet 6 of Section 6.6.3.
(Aren't we inflating consensus a little bit this way?)

Yet, it is going to require more wording to make p= mandatory (while sp= is optional) except for external destination verification records where p= is not required, than to make all tags optional except v=, at least syntactically.

Best