Steve Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I have never had problems with de-oxit on switch wafers in my National, Clegg, Gonset and Hallicrafters equipment. I think I may have even used it on my 2B at one point or another. For general cleaning purposes on either electronics or my smoking pipes collection, I use ethanol. I buy the everclear variety from my local package goods store and use it sparingly with q-tips and pipe cleaners. I would steer clear of the de-natured stuff, especially if it contains methanol. It cleans well without dissolving most things that I want to remain behind. For lubrication, I use Kroil or Break Free sparingly. If it requires grease, I use the synthetic gun grease that comes in a plunger applicator. I think it is sold as shooter's choice.

Steve WA9JML