On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:53:04AM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> That sounds like a bug in the quake physics model - some silly feedback
> between the integration time step and the display subsystem...  I'm
> suprised...

I can only speak about the quake 1/quakeworld source (I haven't studied the
quake2 code enough yet), but it's actually nothing that complex. In fact,
it's the opposit. quake doesn't do the integeration properly at all. It just
adds the gravity acceleration to the velocity then the velocity to the
location. I'm not sure if t squared shows up in the physics code or not (it
looks like it does, but indirectly), but the 1/2 for the 1/2at**2 doesn't.

Basicly, a projectile (player, grenade) has a piece-wise linear trajectory
that doesn't touch the correct parabola except at the start point.

Quake: the universe where G depends on how fast you can blink your eyes.

Bill
--
Leave others their otherness. -- Aratak