Hi,

you're (partly) right...

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2007 14:46 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> > And now both is working... opening files (containing special chars)
> > directly and per project file... thanks to the 2 Michaels (and
> > Wolfram)!!! :)
>
> Does it also work when a filename contains "ä" or "ü"? On my system,
> these characters are translated incorrectly. "ö", "ß" and the upper case
> umlauts work fine, though. Maybe a glibc bug.

I only tested it with a file containing "ü" (edited under Windows on my FAT32
USB-Disk). Opening the video file worked,... opening the project file under
Linux was not possible! I thought I checked that... but probabely only under
Windows... it was to late on Friday... :-(

BUT, that's also the case for the others ("ö" and "ß" and all upper case
letters) on my Suse UTF-8 system! Not only "ä" and "ü"...

So it seems to me that just the translation back to the correct name did not
work... and so trying to open ÖÄÜßöäü.ts where it should be
ÖÄÜßöäü.ts.

ciao
Ralph