Hi,

originally just an addition to my former post (which I can't see on the
list... BTW), so let's post everything again...

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2007 14:46 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> > And now both is working... opening files (containing special chars)
> > directly and per project file... thanks to the 2 Michaels (and
> > Wolfram)!!! :)
>
> Does it also work when a filename contains "ä" or "ü"? On my system,
> these characters are translated incorrectly. "ö", "ß" and the upper case
> umlauts work fine, though. Maybe a glibc bug.

You're (partly) right...

I only tested it with a file containing "ü" (created under Windows on my FAT32
USB-Disk). Opening the video file worked,... opening the project file under
Linux was not possible! I thought I checked that... but probabely only under
Windows... it was to late on Friday... :-(

BUT, that's also the case for the others ("ö" and "ß" and all upper case
letters) on my Suse UTF-8 system! Not only "ä" and "ü"...

So it seems to me that the translation back to the correct name (used to open
the video) did not work... and so trying to open Ã-Ã"Üßöäü.ts where it
should be ÖÄÜßöäü.ts.

And now for the addition:

I re-checked the behaviour under Windows... both openings (Video and Project)
with Umlaut's work there. After that I tried the Windows project file under
Linux, and after changing the path to linux-style THAT Project file worked
also under Linux!!!

I appended my project files... just in case... don't know if that helps...

ciao
ralph

PS: Hope SF.net will deliver that mail...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE dvbcut>
<dvbcut>
 <mpgfile path="/media/MULTIMEDIA/video/topfield/ÖÄÜßöäü.ts" />
 <idxfile path="/media/MULTIMEDIA/video/topfield/ÖÄÜßöäü.ts.idx" />
</dvbcut>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE dvbcut>
<dvbcut>
 <mpgfile path="I:/VIDEO/TOPFIELD/ÖÄÜßöäü.ts" />
 <idxfile path="I:/VIDEO/TOPFIELD/ÖÄÜßöäü.ts.idx" />
</dvbcut>