> I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt and take his meaning
> to be "labor" in the broad sense not the manual sense.  That is, that
> labor is that which produces and creates.  In that sense creative
> thought is labor.
>
> CCS

Exactly. I apologize for using such a vague term.

Programming is definitely labor even though the only physical things I'm
doing are tapping keys and moving a mouse.

The only way to get wealth without some form of labor (physical, mental,
etc...) is to have somebody else basically give it to you without being
asked; i.e. inheritance.

Viking Coder