At 09:54 PM 8/2/2004, Kevin Rock wrote...
>How are we to tell when there is a personal message to us instead of the usual
>message to the Reflector?  I find this new, improved (?????) version of the
>mailing system to be far less than optimal.

It's apparently been changed back to the way it was, but in answer to your
question, it's a simple matter of doing things in the correct manner. From:,
To: and Subject: headers are, in general, unreliable and/or ambiguous
indicators of the proximate message source. If a user sends a message to both
the list and another user, then the recipient will get two copies via different
routes. By "proximate source," I mean to differentiate between a message
received directly and one received via the list server.

One possible method of reliable filtering has already been given. There are
others. You need to identify and use a header which is unique to the proximate
source.