On 12/26/2013 1:00 PM, Oliver Johns wrote:
It takes longer to gouge in-ear phones out of your ear canal than it does to
fling off a pair of over-ear cans.

How do you know that? Have you tied both? I have, and I have NOT found this to be true. Further, I can grab the audio gain control as quickly as I can remove headphones. The simple solution is to set up and operate the radio so that it does not blast you with levels that can produce hearing loss. I worked many years in pro audio, and this is something all of us have had to be quite conscious of.

73, Jim K9YC