I have to admit, I find most of this discussion a bit odd.

Why, is the K3 less “fun” today than it was two years ago?   Why do you expect
Elecraft to deliver more radio than you purchased?  If I buy an SL245 (that’s a
car, not a radio!), I don’t then 3 years later grouse about the fact that it
won’t seat 5 comfortably, that it hasn’t met met my personal benchmark of 0-60
in under 2 seconds, and whine that Mercedes hasn’t “finished” the car (which it
seems really means they haven’t delivered some feature we’ve dreamed  up that
it doesn’t have).

Sure, there are some things I’d like to see in the radio that aren’t there.
But I don’t have any expectations that Elecraft is going to continue to rock my
socks off with fabulous new features or deliver a new 50 lb cabinet with every
possible function available on a dedicated rotary control suitable for
operation with big cartoon hands.   Ok, I do wish that it had a belt clip and 7
days of battery life with Windows 8.1 on the screen and a version of Siri to
control it, but that said ….

What “further” development have the guys that bought the $12,000.00 radios a
few years ago seen?  If we get something, that’s good.  And I think we’ve done
pretty well.  If we don’t, it’s still a freaking K3 for goodness sake,
regardless of what you now find lacking.  If you’re really having buyer’s
remorse, there are other options …

Grant NQ5T