>I have to admit, I find most of this discussion a bit odd.
>
>Why, is the K3 less "fun" today than it was two years ago?   Why do you
>expect Elecraft to deliver more radio than you purchased?

Because that is precisely what Elecraft did deliver in the early days of
the K3 - both the "fun" part and the "more radio".

The early adopters purchased the K3 with a lot of rough edges, on the
explicit understanding that there would be ongoing firmware upgrades;
and for a while, Elecraft delivered on that promise. We did get more
radio than we had originally purchased because that was part of the
bargain.

While major features were still being worked on, K3 owners were happy to
cut Elecraft some slack about numerous issues of lower priority. We were
content with Elecraft's acknowledgement that "It's on the list".

The cause for disquiet now is that the K3 upgrade process has tapered
off prematurely. As Elecraft's attention has turned to other products,
many of those "on the list" issues remain unaddressed.

So the answer to your question, "Is the K3 less 'fun' today than it was
two years ago?" is: "Yes". I still wouldn't trade my K3 for anything
else, but the fun of ownership is being replaced by disappointment that
the K3 still has not reached its full potential.

73 from Ian GM3SEK