Yes, very interesting, and I think most of the credit goes to the operators, rather than the radios.

However, the fact that a very large percentage of these top operators *choose* to use the Elecraft K3 does say a lot about the desirability of the K3 for contesting. Whether that be because of the weight, or because of the performance and operating interface, you would probably have to ask each K3 operator about his choice.

73,
Don W3FPR