On 7/27/2014 3:19 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
I think that most are looking for something the K3 WRTC numbers are
not telling. I rather doubt that people went out and bought them for
the WRTC.  With those kinds of numbers, the market had already made
its decision a long time ago.

Well, a certain portion of the market certainly has -- those need a high performance rig for use under demanding conditions, including those of a contest multi-op.

Egged on by a discussion on another email relector, I replotted ARRL test data for key clicks and TX phase noise. I'm not going to stop there, but the results so far tell a large part of the story.

k9yc.com/TXNoise.pdf

Consider it a work in progress. ARRL publishes its data in the form of graphs pretty small, and in some cases with too-wide ranging scales, so it takes a lot of practice to get data within +/- 1.5 dB.

73, Jim K9YC