Rick, I too want to watch Elecraft evolution as a company. Niche marketing is especially interesting to me.

I know it is a personal factor, but I want a separate mode switch, and separate instant selection band switches. Leaving these off a high end rig has no excuse and altho die hard Elecraft folks will defend to the death, these two human factors are important and I am hearing privately from many guys who agree with me and who like big rigs (but will not send a message to the group, likely for fear of attacks from rabid fans). See, I do not want a rig that I have "to get used to."

Also, because the rig was designed from scratch, there is no excuse for the small box/front panel. And for TWO fans! That is the main reason I say K3 evolved from K2... i.e., toy sized, etc., but not the innards, of course.

This reminds me of the Drake TR-7 face design which was a HUGE mistake altho Drake told me that they consulted lots of experts (ex-spurts) and then came up with a look of a consumer stereo. I know that hurt that rig market when it was up against JA rigs with military look. Real engineers seem to stall out when they try to confront intangible human factors, which is understandable because those factors often do not make logical sense.

73,

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]