Strange I never thought of it that way as to looking at the XFIL
section...  I guess that comes from more time where you select which
rock you want to use manually.  My last rig was a TS450 where you just
hit a button to cycle through them and they were laid out vertically on
the screen.

To me the knob seemed intuitive up for higher (wider) bandwidths and
vice versa but I can see how if you keyed on the XFIL section on the
screen you could get confused by that.  I find that I pretty much never
look there I just use the filter representation on the screen.  If I
want to know exactly where I'm at I just double tap the width knob.

But I'm sure that you all got used to turning it the other way in a week
or two so its all good now.. :)  Every radio has its learning curve.

~Brett (KC7OTG)