At 10:30 AM 07/28/08, Gary Bartlett VE1RGB wrote:

At first I thought this was maybe just a Canuck thing and I was too embarrassed to speak about it. Then I wondered if it was my advancing age, and I didn't want to talk about that either. Today, however, I am comforted to know that I/we are not alone.

I was not really paying attention to this thread until I watched a documentary of some "hillbilly" musicans in the Ozarks...and realized that some of them were holding stringed instruments the "wrong" way. Much like the debates over which end of an egg to crack, the pictures reminded me that there are numerous paths in front of us.

One old man in the film, between target practice shots into a cuspidor, commented that some "fella from down in one of the cities" told him he was holding the guitar the wrong way, and that he told the outsider "If you think it's that bad, you ought not be a listen'n'"

I wonder if folks south of the equator, where the toilet whirlpool is backwards to north of the line find the width control counter-intuitive.

73,
Thom k3hrn
No confusion here, privies don't flush