This change has already been made in 2.20 where if the PTT is activated
during power up the rig does not transmit until PTT is sent low and then
high again.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dick Roth KA1OZ
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 8:51 PM
To: Gary Bartlett VE1RGB; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ON4UN has a K3?

Gary Bartlett VE1RGB wrote:
>    I have been noting with great interest the comments about which way
> to rotate the WIDTH control to narrow the filters.  Logic may tell you
> that clockwise should be wider, but some other instinctive force greater
> than that always wants me to turn it clockwise to go narrow.  Everyone
> up here who uses my K3 says the same thing.
>
>    At first I thought this was maybe just a Canuck thing and I was too
> embarrassed to speak about it.  Then I wondered if it was my advancing
> age, and I didn't want to talk about that either.  Today, however, I am
> comforted to know that I/we are not alone.
>
>    Now if Wayne would only reprogram the rig so that VOX would default
> to OFF on shut-down, I wouldn't have to concern myself about trying to
> remember to turn VOX off myself so that the rig does not actually
> transmit during the booting of the attached computer and again when the
> logging program starts on next turn-on of the rig.
>
>    73,
>    Gary, VE1RGB, K3 #095

[snip]

I second the thought re the default VOX state upon turn on.  I've fallen
into this same trap (and then crawled under my desk upon realizing what
might have gone over the air).

If it wouldn't take too much re-coding, I think such a change would be
worthwhile.

Dick ka1oz
Middleborough, MA

K3/100(Kit) SN 859