----- Original Message ----- From: "Vic K2VCO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gary Bartlett VE1RGB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ON4UN has a K3?

(Snip) But the point I want to make is that if this is a change for you, you will get used to it. It is not something that will always be a problem. There is a finite amount of work that Wayne and Lyle can do in a finite time. I would much rather have them spend their time on issues that will always be problems (until they are fixed) (snip).

   Hi, Vic:

Just to be clear, my observation was neither a complaint nor a request for a change. I've already grown used to the way the radio works in respect to adjusting filter width. I was more interested in speculating (out loud) as to why many of us are so instintively inclined to want to turn the control in a direction that, on this radio, is the wrong way. What in our individual backgrounds has conditioned some of our brains to want us to take a knob and turn it in the up/louder/bigger direction expecting a small/narrower result?

   Now back to watching the Simpsons.

   Gary, VE1RGB