Well, taking apart a perfectly working radio is bound to be barrier to doing
this.

Had my concerns too.

Put it in today.  Seems to work AOK.

One step in the manual that saved my butt was "check for connectors that may
have pulled out during the subrx assembly install."   Indeed one did.
Routing the tiny coax cables to install it was somewhat of a pain.

The experiences of others reported here helped to smooth out rough spots.

73 de Brian/K3KO

After reading all of the stories of problems with the KRX3, I've decided not
to install the one I received a couple of months ago. I originally planned
to wait and see how other installations played out especially after reading
that the front panel had to be removed and messed with in order to do the
KRX3 installation. That's the last thing I wanted to do. I took extreme care
with the front panel during the initial kit assembly a