Hi Lars,

We also intend to port the patch to a recent EMC version. It would be nice if we find a way to cooperate on this topic.

We are currently trying to use EMC in combination sercos III (www.sercos.org) (I asked about that a few weeks ago). We are using a proprietary sercos III communication stack which runs already on RT_Preempt. The stack is based on cosema (http://cosema.sourceforge.net/).

To couple EMC with the stack I applied the patches from Michael Büsch and made some other enhancements. I also added a simple shared memory interface component to HAL and semaphore support to linux_rtapi. Which seems to run quite well. A lot of further changes are also planned.

I'm planning to put the patches together with a bit of documentation and a few test results on a website within the next week.

Greetings
Michael