On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:06:14 +0800, Yishin Li wrote:

> >> used.
> >>
> >> It has been made to work on USB with EMC2.
> >> http://youtu.be/BraEMAu5UkY
> >> But I am not clear on what changes were made.
> >>

> > The USB interface for EMC2 has been adopted on two automatic cleaning
> > machines for more than 8 months. It worked 24-7; it's stable.
> >
> > Currently, it could handle:
> > *  up to 5 joints of closed loop servo motors
> > * 16-channel of 12-bit A/D converter
> > * 64 DIN and 32-DOUT
>
> Yishin, a couple of questions before passing the information on.
>
> *) I assume you are referring to the 7i43 mentioned above.  Is that
> correct?

Yes, it is 7i43.

> *) what is the maximum number of steps it can handle -- the docs only
> talk about the FT245R/FT2232H and not how fast you could theoretically
> push a motor.

It could generate up to 8192 steps within a servo period (655.36us).
The step rate would be up to 12.5MHz for each joints.
The sampling rate for each encoder is 25MHz.

> *) has the changes been ported into the repository trunk, or are they
> still considered experimental.

The experimental source code is at:
http://github.com/artek/emc2
That would be great if the EMC2 community would be willing
to accept this branch.

> *) can you comment on the auxiliary hardware (such as drivers,
> isolators, etc.) you used on your cleaner machines?

Drivers:
AXIS_X: Mitsubishi J2S, 400W
AXIS_Y: Mitsubishi J2S, 400W
AXIS_YY: Mitsubishi J2S, 400W
AXIS_Z: Mitsubishi J2S, 100W
AXIS_A: Yaskawa SGDV with 32 N.m DD motor

We've developed isolated line driver/receive prototype,
and isolated A/D converter for this machine.

Yishin