2012/4/26 Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at>:
> so what's the idea?
>
> Do you want to have the option to jog in coordinated mode in manual?

Ideally - INI file option for automatic switching to teleop mode as
soon as all joints are homed. So that user does not interact with
joint mode - they tend to forget about switching to world mode (me
too) and that poses a risk of breaking machine. The thing is that
_all_ of the LinuxCNC implementations I have done is non-trivial
kinematics. Most of them - gantry machines.

There was one implementation by Frank Tkalcevic, this is the only
reference I can find - Andy's reply. The whole thread seems
disappeared (but I think I do have downloaded his patch somewhere at
home):
http://www.mail-archive.com/emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg30409.html

Unfortunately Frank stated that this way works correctly ~50% cases.
Not very reliable.

Viesturs