with the hostmot2-firmware-3x20-1 deb package installed from
> www.linuxcnc.org and trying 3x20-small.ini I now get
> http://pastebin.ca/2293883

browsing the code, the relevant error message seems to come from
src/hal/drivers/mesa-hostmot2/hm2_pci.c
where around line 446 it says
"
        // Note that if we see DONE at the start of programming, it's most
        // likely due to an attempt to access the FPGA at the wrong I/O
        // location.
"

this bit of code seems to talk about the 5I22 but not the 3x20. Are the I/O
locations for these boards the same?

Anders