> Is this normal LinuxCNC or the Xenomai/ userland PCI code?

I am testing on Ubuntu 12.04LTS with the userland-pci branch from here
http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc2-dev.git/shortlog/refs/heads/usermode-pci
uname -a says:
3.2.21-xenomai+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 30 19:01:33 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

I jus tried booting the 10.04/rtai LiveCD (from USB stick), but it fails to
load X and just throws me into a shell. This is a fairly new motherboard
and I am using the intel onboard graphics through a HDMI-connector at the
back of the board. This is one of the reasons why we need to move to
12.04LTS and other newer distros/kernels: there will be fewer and fewer
motherboards out there that will boot the 10.04/rtai live-cd as time passes.
Maybe installing a plain vanilla 10.04LTS first(hoping for less graphics
problems), and then linuxcnc through lucid-install.sh would be more
successful? (but if the onboard intel HD graphics drivers are in the kernel
this approach may be doomed also?)

Anders