On Sun, 16 Dec 2012, Anders Wallin wrote:

> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:00:13 +0200
> From: Anders Wallin <anders.e.e.wal...@gmail.com>
> To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] trying out Mesanet PCI cards with userland
>     thread builds
>

>> Is this normal LinuxCNC or the Xenomai/ userland PCI code?
>>

> I am testing on Ubuntu 12.04LTS with the userland-pci branch from here
> http://git.mah.priv.at/gitweb/emc2-dev.git/shortlog/refs/heads/usermode-pci
> uname -a says:
> 3.2.21-xenomai+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 30 19:01:33 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386
> GNU/Linux

Getting a 'DONE true before programming' error is almost certainly
a sign that the bridge chip access is broken somehow, since the DONE
bit is read via a GPIO bit on the bridge chip (possibly reading empty
space = 0xFFFFFFFF which will look like done is asserted)

note the 9054 (4I68, 5I22, 5I23) and 9056 (3x20) have the same register
and bit masks for reading this bit

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)