Hi Gregg:

>   reads:"ETL VERIFIED TO EIA/TIA TSD-40 CATEGORY 5 E111018 TYPE CM 24 AWG
>   (UL)LL92833 CSA TYPE FCC FT4"

Aha!

Here is what I learned about this cable from the
marking and from the UL web pages, and from the
National Electrical Code:

"E111018"

    This is the UL file number.  This identifies the
    cable manufacturer.  Going to the UL web page, I
    entered the file number and determined that this
    cable is made by Madison Cable Group of Worcester,
    Massachusetts.

"CM"

    This indicates a specific kind of Communications
    Cable (general purpose).  I learned this from the
    Guide Information on the UL web page for Madison
    Cable and from the National Electrical Code.

    Note that this cable is not AWM (Appliance Wiring
    Material).  Therefore, it is not required to bear
    the UR mark.

"VERIFIED TO EIA/TIA TSD-40 CATEGORY 5"

    This is an additional marking for cables evaluated
    to a Data Transmission Performance Category
    Program.  I learned this, too, from the Guide
    Information.

"LL92833 CSA"

    This is the CSA equivalent to the file number.

"24 AWG"

    This is the wire size.

I don't understand the remaining markings, "ETL" and
"TYPE FCC FT4."  I'm guessing the latter is the CSA
type.

Kinda fun to learn what all the markings mean!

According to the Guide Information, the UL certification
is provided on the reel, an attached tag, or the smallest
container.  The Listing mark is comprised of:

    the UL in a circle;
    the word "LISTED";
    the control number;
    the product name, "Communications Cable."

So, for this product, the UL certification mark does
not appear on the product itself.

Clearly, these markings are not for the casual user.
While I consider myself a professional in the field
of product safety, I clearly don't understand either
all of the markings or how the meaning of the markings
is to be used in constraining the use of this cable.

The Guide Information does point me to Article 800 of
the National Electrical Code.  Article 800 is entitled
"Communications Circuits."  The Article specifies that
"communications wires and cables installed as wiring
within buildings shall be listed..."  Hence, UL has a
NEC-required job of listing communications cables.

In essence, the code specifies what types of
communications cables, e.g., CM, can be installed in
the various parts of a building.

Best regards,
Rich