Rich -

Regarding UL Recognized Component Appliance Wiring Material,
the yellow book states that the marking must be on a tag,
the reel or smallest unit container, not surface marked on
the wire insulation, as referred to by Greg.  Very few UL
FUS folks will accept surface marking, though I had seen
some loosening up in recent years.

The message is, don't rely on the wire surface making and
keep the reel handy at the factory's work station.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
Product Safety Manager
Sanmina Homologation Services
peter.tar...@sanmina.com

> From: Rich Nute
>
>Hi Gregg:
>
> >   The File number 'may' be used on things like cable (it
is common to see UL
> >   and CSA file numbers) and other components - Control
numbers (I forget the