The stepconfig wizard only seems to work when setting up a completely new
configuration,  There after I cannot test the
axis when modifying the configuratiuon.

I just tried reducing the acceleration.... velocity is now 5 and acceleration 1
It seemed to make the text miss-alignment
slightly worse.

Is this really such a hit and miss procedure?  I just spent a fair amount of
money and I figured there would be a set
formula for given equipment,

But thanks for your efforts