Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@...> writes:

> On Sunday 04 January 2009, Roger wrote:
> >Stephen Wille Padnos <spad...@...> writes:

snip

> Don't forget that a lost step is actually a full step, not whatever
> microstepping might be setup in the driver.  But one lost full step is a
> never happens scenario, cuz if it loses a step, it is stopped and then the
> whole acelleration curve must be repeated in order to prevent its simply
> locking in place.
>
> It is a nice idea, but the part of actually making it work is pretty complex.

Gene,
I'm not sure that you can assume that the table is stalled if you loose steps.
Old timers who used to run stepper driven Bridgeports have told me that leaning
on the table could cause the machine to loose steps. It didn't stop the machine,
the axis kept running, the part dimensions just came out wrong.

Roger