Peter

>> I now have the limits working I moved them to pin 32-37, seams pin 24 thru
>> pin 31 on P3 are not useable. Would I be better off moving the cable to P4
>> and leave P3 unused? I will still need some inputs for amp faults and
>> spindle drive.

>Are you sure you dont have a cable to a 7I37 reversed? that would cause these
>exact symptoms.

>This is because it would wire the 7I37 outputs to the first 8 inputs
>(the one that dont work for you)

Unless P2 and P3 are switched on the 5i23 I have the cables right. Why I say
there unused is Pin 24- 29 do not show as gpio up when I view showhal pins. If
the cables were cross why would the encoders work? All ouputs were pulled up to
5 volts. I tried moving the W2, W3, W5 and W6 jumper to 5 volts from the
default positions, the only change now the enable axis 0 is on all the time at
1.2 volts. Do I have a bad 5i23?

Surely I'm not the first person to use a 5i23 with a 7i33 and 7i37!

Donnie