On 10 Apr 2012, at 11:18, Peter Blodow <p.blo...@dreki.de> wrote:

> I don't know what the English sentence means, it's hard to
> interpret (e.g., 'Coordinated mode' or 'Teleop mode'). In some cases,
> there may not even be a German word  for lack of exact definition (what
> exactly is a joint?

Luckily I have a handy German engineer in the hotel room with me.
Joint = Gelink  but is used in the LinuxCNC context to describe any mechanical
part which adds one or more degrees of freedom. So it is typically a machine
slide, but can be a rotary bearing or anything else controlled by an actuator.

I suspect very few people understand the difference between coordinated mode
(N-Bahnsteuerung) where multiple joints move at the same time to make the tool
move in XYZ space under operator control and "Teleop" mode (1-Bahnsteuerung)
where the operator controls a single selected joint at any one time. I _think_
"Teleop" and "Joint mode" mean the same thing.