Scott,
thats great!

Your machine will have some response-ability
meaning it just wont react to a sine above a certain frequency

at some point the control signal is saying up/down so fast the machine
tool is just quivering,
not getting to the commanded  position.

this is often a basic evaluation of an edm machine

you wont really find machine that reacts to sines much > 400hz outside of labs
so your results are super!

try feeding a tiny positional sine to the X&Y while sinking
you'll be orbiting :)

i gotta come up to madison ? and see this

regards
TomP