On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:57:32 -0400, you wrote:

>FWIW, I noted that despite a g64.1 P.001 at the top of the file, my carving
>of that brass handle yesterday on a 2.6.0-pre install, was also coming to a
>complete stop at those straight line to arc transitions, 4 times per loop,
>not all of which have a bunch of math between them.  So I'd guess on that
>job, it wasted a minute of the 41 it took to run the final version.

The time is less relevant to me than a reliable feed rate, but it sure
helps to get jobs done as quickly as possible :)

>Its doing little if any blending, but the stops also did not leave an
>obviously noticeable mark so the finish was not adversely effected.

Yep - none I think. I need to test again, but I'm sure the P and Q
values if set high enough make it quicker than G64 on it own which seems
contradictory to what the manual says?

Unfortunately feed variation can sometimes cause burning on wood. Maple
can be a pig for that at times. Quilted or curly is hard to get the feed
right, too fast, you tear chunks out, too slow and you burn it. Wood
being wood, it's often trial and error on the waste to get it just right
and the price I pay for premium timber I can't afford to have
misbehaving machines screwing it up.

Steve Blackmore