On Wednesday 10 April 2013 11:58:51 andy pugh did opine:

> On 10 April 2013 08:24, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:
> > Do a line connected to an arc and vice versa then try. The slowdown is
> > on the transition here.
> >
> > If you run the code you can actually see the slowdown on the feed
> > display in the gui in Axis.
>
> I put that down to the arcs and lines not being tangents, so there is
> a sharp corner at each transition (I have checked in a CAD package,
> the lines and arcs are _not_ tangents.)

Are you saying that the g2-3 code, set to do a 180 turn, is only doing a
179.9 turn?  Example in G91.1 relative mode, starting from x y+nn, g2 y-nn
i0.0 j=y_radius, is not doing a fully 180 degree from top (x y+nn) to
bottom (x y-nn) motion?

Cheers, Gene
My views
Either I'm dead or my watch has stopped.
                -- Groucho Marx's last words
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.