On 8/8/2013 11:00 PM, Paul Lacatus wrote:
> On 8/9/2013 1:01 AM, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>> 2013/8/8 Paul Lacatus <p...@paul-lacatus.ro>
>>>   >
>>> Done first steps by running linuxcnc in Xserver Xming on Windows 7 machine
>>> :
>>>
>>> http://www.paul-lacatus.ro/linuxcnc/Xserver.png
>>
>> Damn, I want that picture on my wallpaper. LinuxCNC on windows :)))
> You can have it , it is not copyrighted ;) . The issue is that I don't
> understand the problem with realtime error. The load on the linuxcnc is
> small even I have used X11 tunneling trough ssh .

Is the LinuxCNC system a BeagleBone?

If so, I occasionally get a real-time error message if the Xenomai
thread latency ever goes over 25 uS.  Since the typical latency is
around 20 uS and worst-case latency is around 60 uS or so, this can
definitely happen.

I haven't (yet) tracked down why LinuxCNC seems to consider 25 uS a
"magic number" and throw an error, but if everything else is working
well the error is safe to ignore.  Also, IIRC the latency should have
been reported in the error message.  If it was 25.xx, you're seeing the
same issue I'm referring to here.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net