From: "Mark Tucker" <m...@rmtucker.f2s.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] John Thorntons Gui3 Sample in Linuxcnc 2.6pre
Date: Fri, Feb 7, 2014 6:01 AM

Andy

I had already changed the comment to your version but i still have the
same results.
Everything works fine with axis and Gscreen but it will not work with my
custom Gui.
At the end of the day it must be something in the Gui.
I just followed JT's tutorials and it worked fine until i try to put it
in a real setup.

All i wish to do at the end of the day is write a simple Gui for
machinekit that shows the needed info for running a cnc,but without the
cpu usage that Gscreen etc uses.

The simpler standard Gui examples like Mini etc do not even show the
current feedrate etc.

I thought it might be easier to write my own but unfortunately there
seems to be a total lack of current up to date info on this
process,other than johns tutorials.

As an example when using Gscreen/Machinekit cpu usage is about 90% when
idle???
When using mini etc it is around 14%.