On Friday 11 July 2014 14:59:51 Peter C. Wallace did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:54:32 -0400
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
> >
> >     <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Where to get latest PncConf?
> >
> > On Friday 11 July 2014 11:36:20 Peter C. Wallace did opine
> > [...]
> >
> >> Here's the latest mesaflash source:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/micges/mesaflash/archive/master.zip
> >
> > The "archive" subdir does not exist from either this machine, or the
> > lathes machine, I tried both Firefox and git. ??
>
> I didnt use git, I just downloaded mesaflash-master-zip from the above
> URL unzipped, and built it (read the README for the PCI lib you need)

This time it seems to have worked to this machine, I'll go try it again,
but I noted that the file saved is mesaflash-master.zip.

And since the last msg, I may be a bit smarter.  Comparing the .pin file
with my existing hal file, the obvious diffs are:

That I'll have to convince hal that stepgen1 is the Z axis, which matches
those 4 pins.

A small shuffling of the encoder input pins.

And of course disable stepgens 2 and 3 because I need those 4 outputs for
other things.  I see there is a spindle reverse pin but I'm already doing
that in my hal, so if that pin can be disabled it would be nice.
A spindle enable/brake  plus 3 levels of dynamic braking on the pins the
stepgen's would use if enabled. PID & PWMgen are not aware that the
spindle is running backwards as hal sorts all that.

Has to, single quadrant driver. It even synthesizes the stop for a G33.1
cycle in hal.

So I have to disable the 5i25's spindle dir pin, I need it for my spindle
dir from hal.

So basically I need the pins that stegen2 & 3 use for the rest of my
spindle control.  Pin 10 is my probe & home switch input, with hal sorting
the differences.

Can I assume that stepgen0 is x, and that hal will also use stepgen1 for Z
if so programmed in hal?

Example hal line to do that?

When I put the card in, nothing in dmesg, but a 4 line output in an lspci
-v shows up.

05:00.0 DPIO module: Device 2718:5125
        Subsystem: Device 2718:5125
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
        Memory at e0100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]

pncconf seems unable to handle that stepgen disabling stuff.  Also the
stepgen scale factors needed seems to elude me.  Seems like I ought not to
have to do anything if the ini file fetches them. Ditto for the pulse
timings in ns these drivers need. Someone said 2500, but I've been running
them somewhat faster than that for a couple years now.

So, its sitting on the shelf, parport cable unplugged, waiting on advice.
:)

Thanks Peter.