> From: ghesk...@wdtv.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:58:31 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Where to get latest PncConf?
>

> pncconf seems unable to handle that stepgen disabling stuff.  Also the
> stepgen scale factors needed seems to elude me.  Seems like I ought not to
> have to do anything if the ini file fetches them. Ditto for the pulse
> timings in ns these drivers need. Someone said 2500, but I've been running
> them somewhat faster than that for a couple years now.
>
> So, its sitting on the shelf, parport cable unplugged, waiting on advice.
> :)
>
> Thanks Peter.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --

I looked into PNCconf with the  prob_x2   XML file.
I found a bug caused by Peters's XML's not using the same labels as linuxcnc's
XMLs.
It caused some of the GPIO pins not to show.
I will push a fix.

That being said PNCconf can only disable stepgens in a specific order (highest
to lowest)
If you need the stepgen in a specific location that doesn't follow this
convention,
then you need custom firmware. (as Peter has told you)
This is a limitation of hostmot2.

The numbering system displayed is the component number not the physical pin
number.
luckily since you don't use a daughter board it is easy to figure out.
The top left is physical pin 1, under it pin 2 etc.
top right is pin 13, down pin 14 etc

It might be nice to add the PIN info to the XML file, then pncconf might be
able to
display better numbers, but it gets complicated when using daughter boards.

Chris M