On 12/26/2015 11:53 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>>> Yes, that was my plan to run everything off of 120v except the VFD.
>> However, your drawing shows the VFD to be on the 120V side.
>>
>> I am a bit confused now which is on what and where.
> Ah the two 120v lines without a neutral is 240v, sorry if my drawing is
> confusing. That's why I labeled them L1 and L2 instead of L1 and N.

Are you using two phases (L1 + L2) of a three phase system or are you
actually using a one-phase system (L1 + N).

There is quite a big difference between the two scenarios.

The voltage between any two phases in a three phase system is sqrt(3)
times the voltage between neutral and any single phase.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)