On 12/26/2015 08:19 PM, Bertho Stultiens wrote:
>> Not sure how I might isolate the VFD from the chassis at this moment.
>> Well I could machine some delrin standoffs... I have a machine shop.
>
> No problem. If you ensure that the chassis connection is firm and
> electrically sound, then you just ommit the earth wire (my comment in
> the drawing).

One more comment. If you are unsure that the internal earth/chassis
connection in the VFD controller holds, then you usually see a
connection as seen in the attached image. A short thick wire is run from
the earth screw connection to one of the chassis mounting bolts.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)