On 12/26/2015 09:32 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>>> No problem. If you ensure that the chassis connection is firm and
>>> electrically sound, then you just ommit the earth wire (my comment in
>>> the drawing).
>> One more comment. If you are unsure that the internal earth/chassis
>> connection in the VFD controller holds, then you usually see a
>> connection as seen in the attached image. A short thick wire is run from
>> the earth screw connection to one of the chassis mounting bolts.
> Ok that is easy to do, I have some huge stranded ground wire from a CT
> scanner... I've attached my updated drawing of the VFD panel.
>
> The monitor can only run on 120v so it is necessary to transform from
> 240 to 120 for the PC and monitor.

Hm, then you may want to run everything off of the 120V section and
ensure that you connect both computer and monitor to the star-connection
for earth.

Doing a 240/120 split between computer and monitor will get you again
into trouble. In that case you have a monitor (assuming VGA) cable that
bridges the power domains.

Please note that you still need the serial isolator, regardless from
where the computer and monitor are powered.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)