On Sunday 28 May 2017 13:20:18 Bertho Stultiens wrote:

[...]

> > If you could put a deb of that kernel in my inbox, I'd be delighted!
>
> Tarball contains /boot and /lib/modules/4.9.30-rt20-v7+ directories
> (without leading /) and is about 32M in size:
> http://media.vagrearg.org/rpi3-lcnc/rpi3-kernel-4.9.30-rt20-v7+.tar.gz
>
> This is a direct copy from the SD card, so you should be able to put
> it right on there. Though, you might want to make a backup first...

Thanks, Bertho, I'll make a backup and give it a shot.

Boots right up, x still busted, plugged in the HD and while it didn't
mount anything, it id'd /dev/sda1 2 & 3, which are empty, with one
as /boot, 2 as / and 3 as swap.

But linuxcnc won't run, claims it only runs on a raspberrypi 1,2,3 when
it tries to load hm2_rpspi.  Strange error to me. Idea(s)?

When over-writing in the /boot of the card, I did not copy config.txt
because I have some stuff to make it recognize the monitor set and the
audio disabled, its attached, and I didn't over-write cmdline.txt, also
attached.

uname -a reports:
Linux pionsheldon 4.9.30-rt20-v7+ #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Sun May 28 09:40:46
CEST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Call me puzzled.

console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline
fsck.repair=yes rootwait dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 dwt_otg.fiq_enable=0
dwc_otg.nak_holdoff=0 usbhid.mousepoll=0
# Some settings may impact device functionality. See link above for details

[all]
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
dtoverlay=navio-rgb

dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=spi0-2cs
dtoverlay=spi1-1cs,cs0_pin=16,cs0_spidev=disabled
dtoverlay=rcio
dtoverlay=navio-rgb

dtparam=i2c1=on
dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=1000000

#dtdebug=1
# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
#hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment this if your display has a black border of unused pixels visible
# and your display can output without overscan
#disable_overscan=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console
# goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border
#overscan_left=16
#overscan_right=16
#overscan_top=16
#overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
# overscan.
framebuffer_width=1366
framebuffer_height=768

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
#hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
#hdmi_group=1
#hdmi_mode=1

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
# DMT (computer monitor) modes
#hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or
# no display
#config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL
#sdtv_mode=2

# Uncomment this to enable the lirc-rpi module
#dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

# Additional overlays and parameters are documented /boot/overlays/README

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
#dtparam=audio=on
start_x=1
gpu_mem=128