On 05/28/2017 09:00 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Boots right up, x still busted, plugged in the HD and while it didn't
> mount anything, it id'd /dev/sda1 2 & 3, which are empty, with one
> as /boot, 2 as / and 3 as swap.

That should be about right, except... I'm using a filesystem-file as
swap. But that is just a minor detail.

> But linuxcnc won't run, claims it only runs on a raspberrypi 1,2,3 when
> it tries to load hm2_rpspi.  Strange error to me. Idea(s)?
>
> When over-writing in the /boot of the card, I did not copy config.txt
> because I have some stuff to make it recognize the monitor set and the
> audio disabled, its attached, and I didn't over-write cmdline.txt, also
> attached.

There is one parameter that needs to be added to cmdline.txt:
sdhci_bcm2708.enable_llm=0

I took the instructions from Machinekit docs :-) See:
https://github.com/koppi/mk/blob/master/Machinekit-RT-Preempt-RPI.md

Well, I'n now in the position that I can report the following:
Starting LinuxCNC...
Starting LinuxCNC server program: linuxcncsvr
Starting LinuxCNC IO program: io
Found file(REL): ./hm2-7i90-stepper.hal
Note: Using POSIX realtime
hm2: loading Mesa HostMot2 driver version 0.15
Invalid cookie
Read: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
hm2_rpspi: rtapi_app_main: No such device (-19)

YES! I can the module to fail. Now I'll be hooking up a scope to see
what is going on (this may take a day longer, dayjob and all that, bummer).

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)