On Thu, May 31, 2018, 19:39 Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 31 May 2018 19:45:24 jeremy youngs wrote:
>
> > Encoders in hand, shaft turned and mounted, it looks good, 3 more to
> > do . encoderawcount.jpg
> > <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHklBMnxpmTGl-ZzVBCtBkDbsFxwydN_/vie
> >w?usp=drivesdk>
>
> That does look pretty good at first glance. I can't read the clocking
> rate though. Humm, I just found the viewer has a zoom. So I assume you
> were turning it by hand as the timing shows 2/1 variations on a 10

Back emf , as measured in lathe at 800 rpm was 21.6 volts. It's a 20 volt
motor , I intend on driving at 28 volts with generic hbridge. I'm not sure
that 28 will give the 300 ipm rapid I'm after, but time will tell. I was
powering this with a 700 ma 5 volt supply so motor speed was pretty slow, I
did not put my tach on it , encoders are set to 1000 PPR as that's what I
already have the 7i 90 programmed to. 20/56 is the timing pulley ratio so
that will be over 2k per rev. I hope to ballscrew the x in the next month
or so , y and z are already ballscrew although I think I am going to
replace the y screw ( again) as it's a surplus screw and I don't like it's
mount and have been fairly impressed with the Chinese screw I put in z.

millisecond per grid line, so thats pretty slow. What it looks like at 3
> to 5k revs will tell the story.

I'm pretty sure 2k will be the absolute max with my setup.

But you are not going to get that