On Thursday 31 May 2018 21:58:49 jeremy youngs wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2018, 19:39 Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 May 2018 19:45:24 jeremy youngs wrote:
> > > Encoders in hand, shaft turned and mounted, it looks good, 3 more
> > > to do . encoderawcount.jpg
> > > <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHklBMnxpmTGl-ZzVBCtBkDbsFxwydN_
> > >/vie w?usp=drivesdk>
> >
> > That does look pretty good at first glance. I can't read the
> > clocking rate though. Humm, I just found the viewer has a zoom. So I
> > assume you were turning it by hand as the timing shows 2/1
> > variations on a 10
>
> Back emf , as measured in lathe at 800 rpm was 21.6 volts. It's a 20
> volt motor , I intend on driving at 28 volts with generic hbridge. I'm
> not sure that 28 will give the 300 ipm rapid I'm after, but time will
> tell. I was powering this with a 700 ma 5 volt supply so motor speed
> was pretty slow, I did not put my tach on it , encoders are set to
> 1000 PPR as that's what I already have the 7i 90 programmed to. 20/56
> is the timing pulley ratio so that will be over 2k per rev. I hope to
> ballscrew the x in the next month or so , y and z are already
> ballscrew although I think I am going to replace the y screw ( again)
> as it's a surplus screw and I don't like it's mount and have been
> fairly impressed with the Chinese screw I put in z.
>

> millisecond per grid line, so thats pretty slow. What it looks like at
> 3
>
> > to 5k revs will tell the story.
>
> I'm pretty sure 2k will be the absolute max with my setup.
>

> But you are not going to get that
>
> > display at 3 to 5k in halscope. That will need a good scope,
> >
> > On the list, but concrete and shop expansion are essential at this
> > time . I wrench to support my Machine habit 😂😂😂

Humm, there's a quite similar echo in here, except I'm now retired for
about 16 years.  So I wrench to keep me out of the bars. Actually dead
tired tonight, taking care of the missus. We've decided to leave town
next February, so maybe she won't fall and break something 3 years in a
row. Went in for some xrays to see how the leg is healed, looks great.
Now it needs meat. I've got to tie her down when the wind comes up.  But
COPD never lets up and this ultra humid weather isn't doing that any
good at all.

I did get 2 more tap hats completed this morning though, 15 done now.
About 30 & change to go.  Now using some of those I've already made,
after making my code automatically adjust for tool length, I spend more
time finding the correct drill sizes (and sharpening them in a drill
doctor) than in the actual machining.

--
Cheers Jeremy, Gene Heskett