On Saturday 22 December 2018 20:08:14 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 12/22/2018 06:17 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Not ack the description Jon, regular ball bearing sliders on chrome
> > plated rods.
>
> Yes, clearly visible on X and Z, but I could NOT see the Y
> (along the gantry rail) mechanism.
>
> >   And I just got the confirmation on the collets 14$ and
> > change for 15 so they may be a bit sloppy.
>
> Good price, though!
>
> >   But there no limit on the
> > hole size as I drill holes with this SUB, slow, but works.
>
> Yes, I have some panels that have a bunch of different size
> holes in them that I do from time to time.
> I do the 4-40 clearance holes with a drill, but everything
> larger than that is milled out with a 1/8" end mill.
> Milling out the holes is much faster than changing the drill
> a whole bunch of times and having to re-set the Z for each
> drill bit.
>
> Jon

Thats a lesson I learned long ago. Not to mention an odd size hole you
don't have a drill for is a zero problem. Need a hole 2& 5/8" in
diameter for a bearing seat. Measure the bearing,  * 0.5, for radius and
the fit is usually warm the socket and drop in, or tap it in. When I'm
doing furniture in Green & Green style, I do normal math but diddle the
tool diameter for a proper glue fit between the fingers. .247" for a
1/4" tool seems about right when working in Mahogany. Cherry, ash or
Maple cuts cleaner & might do at .248". Poplar is hairy stuff,
needs .245 to .246"